Nonprofit and government agencies regularly identify dangerous and defective toys and warn parents against buying them for children. In some cases, organizations pinpoint toys that they believe are likely to cause injuries or deaths of children. In other cases, organizations publicize accidents that have already harmed numerous children.
For example, in 2012, the World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc., a private nonprofit agency, nominated the following toys "with the potential to cause childhood injuries, or even death":
- Magnetic Fishing Game
- Bongo Ball
- Dart Zone Quick Fire 12 Dart Gun
- Spinner Shark 4-Wheel Kneeboard
- Explore & Learn Helicopter
- N-Force Vendetta Double Sword
- Water Balloon Launcher
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Shogun Helmet
- Playful Xylophone
- The Avengers Gamma Green Smash Fists
Likewise, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a government agency, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission, also a government agency, announced recalls of specific toys in 2012, 2011 and 2010, including:
- Super Luchamania Action Figures (because of lead content in paint)
- Green Toys mini vehicles (recalled because of choking hazards)
- Tumblekins Toys (recalled because of choking and lacerations hazards)
- Yuba Bicycles (recalled due to injury hazard)
These are partial lists only. If you or your child has suffered an injury in connection with a dangerous or defective toy, you may wish to contact our firm to discuss whether we can help you. The toy in question may or may not have been recalled or identified as potentially hazardous.
Contact a Glen Rock Attorney for Defective Toys, Injuries — Britcher Leone, LLC
We provide a free initial consultation to discuss your injuries. If one of our lawyers accepts your dangerous toy injury case, we will handle it on a contingent fee basis. You will not pay attorneys' fees unless we are successful in your elevator, escalator or moving walkway injury case. Call 866-713-1795 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with a New Jersey attorney for dangerous toys litigation.