Jessica E. Choper, Esq.
Jessica E. Choper is Counsel at Britcher Leone, LLC, where she focuses her practice on medical malpractice, vaccine injury claims, and nursing home litigation, as well as other personal injury cases. Ms. Choper has authored numerous briefs as amicus counsel for the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ), a number of which have resulted in reported decisions; NJAJ later recognized Ms. Choper’s contributions as amicus counsel by awarding her its “Amicus Advocate Award.”
Ms. Choper is a member of the Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association and represents petitioners in the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
A prolific writer, she has co-authored numerous articles on topics including the Legal and Medical Implications of Foreign Travel, the Affidavit of Merit Statute, the Doctrine of Apparent Authority, and issues impacting the equestrian sport.
Ms. Choper, herself, is an avid equestrian competitor and a member of the United States Equestrian Federation and the United States Hunter/Jumper Association. She is also Counsel at Leone Equestrian Law, a law firm, dedicated to serving equestrian professionals ranging from riders and trainers to owners and show managers across the FEI disciplines and on a wide variety of issues. In addition to contributing to articles in equine journals, Ms. Choper has lectured on the legal issues in hosting an equine clinic at the National Conference on Equine Law, held at the Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington, KY. Ms. Choper competes in the hunter/jumper divisions and has successful wins at major horse shows, including the Saratoga Classic, HITS Saugerties, and Princeton Show Jumping.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Vaccine Injury Law
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Massachusetts
- Major: Politics
- Smith v. Dalta (amicus curiae), 451 N.J. Super. 82, 2017, Appellate Division
- Meehan v. Antonellis, 226 N.J. 216, 2016, Supreme Court
- DeMarco v. Stoddard (amicus curiae), 223 N.J. 363, 2015, Supreme Court
- D.D. v. University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, 213 N.J. 130, 2013
- Polzo v. County of Essex, 209 N.J. 51, 2012
- Seals v. County of Morris, 417 N.J. Super 74, 2010, Appellate Division
- Moore v. Woman To Woman Obstetrics & Gynecology, L.L.C., 416 N.J. Super. 30, 2010, Appellate Division
- Stelluti v. Casapenn Enters., L.L.C., 203 N.J. 286, 2010
- Pellicer exrel. Pellicer v. St. Barnabas Hosp., 200 N.J. 22, 2009
- Sinclair v. Merck & Co., Inc., 195 N.J. 51, 2008
- Basil v. Wolf, 193 N.J. 38, 2007
- C.W. Cooper Health Sys., 388 N.J. Super. 42, Appellate Division
- Coyne v. DOT, 182 N.J. 481, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NJ State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice