- Attorney at Law
Michael J. Hedayat, Esq., is an attorney at Britcher Leone, where he focuses his practice on serious personal injury matters and medical malpractice cases.
Michael was honored to be the first judicial law clerk for the Honorable Avis Bishop-Thompson, J.S.C. at the Bergen County Vicinage in New Jersey. During his clerkship, Michael was certified by the New Jersey Administrative Offices of the Courts as a court mediator, and he has conducted numerous mediations in small claims, landlord-tenant and dissolution matters.
Michael was admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey in 2018, and was sworn in by his sister, Kathrine E. Hedayat, who also practices as an attorney in New Jersey. He is admitted to practice before the federal and state courts of New Jersey and New York, as well as the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C.
He earned a B.A. from Rowan University, where he served as President of the Pre-Law Society. Michael also successfully completed University of Virginia's Semester at Sea program in Global Studies, while traveling through ten countries in Africa, Europe, and Asia.
Michael studied law at New York Law School in Manhattan; through the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, and at Tulane University Law School's Rhodes Program in Greece before earning his law degree at the Florida State University College of Law. While at FSU Law, he was formally recognized for his distinguished Pro Bono Service with the Second Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. He also served as a Clinical Counselor at Florida State's Business Law Clinic. While in law school, Mr. Hedayat joined the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
Michael is an avid traveler having explored five continents. He enjoys spending time with his family and rescued animals.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Court Mediator by the New Jersey Administrative Offices of the Courts
- New Jersey, 2018
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2020
- New York, 2020
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- Rowan University
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association, 2020 – Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 2019 – Present
- American Association for Justice, 2019 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2018 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2018 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Bergen County Vicinage in New Jersey
Pro Bono Activities
- Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award from Florida State University College of Law for service rendered to the Second Judicial Circuit Court of Florida
The attorneys of Britcher Leone LLC have been recognized for their knowledge, experience, leadership and achievements. Click here to read about the entities that have bestowed these awards and honors, as well as brief descriptions of their methodologies.