Attorneys To Help You Deal With Results Of Losing A Loved One In An Accident
After a fatal accident with a motor vehicle — whether that vehicle was a car, truck or motorcycle — surviving family members are often in a state of shock and are unsure what to do. Consulting with an experienced wrongful death attorney may be the farthest thing from your mind as you mourn the loss of your wife, husband, mother, father, son or daughter. However, it may also be the most important thing you can do for your family’s future. The sooner you have a lawyer on your side, the more likely it is that the true cause of the accident will come to light.
What Kinds Of Expenses Come After A Fatal Accident?
Knowing how a fatal car accident occurred is the first step to dealing with:
- Final medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
- Replacement of wages that the deceased family member had been earning
- Services that the family member customarily provided for the family, such as home maintenance, child care or caring for elderly parents
Some Losses Are Less Tangible But Still Compensable
In addition to these very real monetary losses, the sudden death of a loved one means loss of love and companionship for many surviving family members. Depression is a typical response for those left behind once the shock of the death, mourning, funeral and burial have passed. Your family will likely need to regroup and learn to live with the loss. As you cope with your very real human needs, you can have the reassurance that a competent, accomplished wrongful death lawyer is at work on challenging issues such as:
- What about the loss of a cohabiting domestic partner (same sex or opposite sex)?
- What about the case of a car accident that has killed a family member who was not earning income?
- Is there a “dollar value” for the emotional shock of any family members who witnessed the fatal car accident?
Britcher Leone, LLC, has a solid track record of successful verdicts and settlements in a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you have lost a loved one in a fatal auto accident, contact us to learn if we can help your family.