Entrusting Our Safety to Public Bus and Train Operators Sometimes Results in Accidents
Every day, as we travel about from place to place, many of us entrust our safety to others such as bus drivers and train engineers. Whether as passengers or as drivers of cars encountering buses or trains, we expect responsible parties to do their jobs to keep people safe. We rely on the competence and diligence of drivers and engineers, as well as of support personnel whose job it is to ensure safe public transportation, including mechanics, dispatchers, trainers, and supervisors of bus and train operators.
Unfortunately, bus and train accidents sometimes injure or kill passengers, as well as pedestrians. At the law offices of Britcher, Leone & Sergio, LLC, we represent people injured in bus and train accidents in a variety of circumstances:
- Passengers injured when boarding or exiting, or when a bus or train stops suddenly
- Drivers and passengers of cars hit by buses or trains
- Pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists struck by buses or trains
What are the Common Causes of These Accidents?
Some of the potential causes that we are likely to look for after a bus or train accident resulting in injury include the following:
- The driver’s or engineer’s lack of physical or mental fitness
- Mechanical failures, sometimes a result of inadequate or deferred maintenance
- Electrical failure affecting crossing gate function
- Traffic light, roadway and train track defects
Representing Claims in Public and Private Transportation Accidents
Whether a bus or train is privately owned or government-run, Britcher, Leone & Sergio, LLC, is prepared to explore claims for injured passengers, pedestrians and others. We aim to make a difference in our communities as well as for our individual clients who have been injured. We apply medical knowledge, as well as legal acuity as we represent people injured in accidents involving all types of buses and trains, including:
- City bus
- New Jersey (NJ) Transit bus
- Interstate bus (such as Greyhound)
- School bus
- Chartered bus
- Casino bus
- Party bus
Attorneys with Noteworthy Qualifications
Our law firm stands out among personal injury law firms for several key reasons. Armand Leone, Jr., MD, is a board-certified radiologist and attorney with an in-depth understanding of the medical issues involved in personal injury claims. E. Drew Britcher is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney and has a strong record of positive results in both trial and settlement negotiations.