Armand Leone Jr., M.D., Esq.
Armand Leone, Jr., M.D., Esq., is a co-founder of Britcher Leone, LLC, and leads the firm's medical malpractice practice. A Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist and attorney, Armand's practice intersects the areas of law and medicine: he coordinates all interactions with the medical community, conducts medical research, deposes medical professionals, and takes medical malpractice cases to the point of trial. A practicing radiologist prior to entering the practice of law, Armand is admitted to practice both medicine and law in New Jersey and New York, and he is a Fellow of the College of Legal Medicine and a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine.
His unique training and experience in both medicine and law allow him to meaningfully understand his client's healthcare situations, any demonstrable medical errors that arose over the course of their treatment or care, and what would be required to allow them to rebuild their lives. He is also eager to share his extensive knowledge with associates he is committed to mentoring that are involved in his cases.
Armand graduated with honors from the University of Virginia, New York Medical College and Columbia University Law School, as well as earned an MBA in Healthcare and Finance at Columbia University. His extensive medical training included a surgical internship at Montefiore Hospital in New York, the completion of his radiology residency at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY, and serving as Chief Radiology Resident at Metropolitan Hospital in New York.
Armand is also an accomplished Olympic athlete. A member of the 1980 Olympic equestrian show jumping team, he remains active in the sport today. He has participated as counsel in hearings before the United States Olympic Committee and the American Arbitration Association on athlete rights and sports law matters, as well as served as Vice President of High Performance Activities at the United States Equestrian Federation in Lexington, Kentucky. Armand also served for eight years as a member of the FEI Tribunal, which oversees rule enforcement for international Equestrian Competition, including the Olympic Games, and he has been an active supporter of horse-riding therapy for physically- and emotionally-handicapped individuals.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- New Jersey, 1991
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- Columbia Business School, New York, New York
- M.B.A. With Honors
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- B.A. with High Honors
- Major: Economics and Psychology
- The Challenge of Presenting Treating Physicians
- Understanding How Neuroimaging Can Time Asphyxial Injury
- Electronic Medical Records: What You Don't See Can Kill You ... in Court
- Computerized Order Entry Can Contribute to Medical Error
- Redux, Fen-Phen and the Products Liability Act How New Jersey Law Will Affect Diet Drug Litigation
- ADR and Enterprise Liability
- Clinton Healthcare Plan is Afflicted With Bias
- Guidelines Now Set Liability Standards
- Guidelines Useful in Malpractice Cases
- Interpreting Medical Records
- Is ADR the Rx for Malpractice?
- Managed Care: Avoiding the Pitfalls
- Medical Malpractice – Can “Hybrid ADR” Be of Use?
- Medical Malpractice Guidelines Are Useful Tool in Litigation, Medical Malpractice
- Redux, Fen-Phen and the Products Liability Act
- The Virtual Reality of Enterprise Liability
- What if Doctors Had to Act Like Lawyers?
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology, the American Board of Radiology, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Virginia, 1978
- Hermes Society, Columbia Business School, 2011
- New Jersey Law Journal’s “2020 New Jersey Legal Awards’ Unsung Hero” Award, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American College of Radiology, Member, 1986 - Present
- Bank of New Jersey, Vice-Chairman, Board of Directors, 2008 - 2012
- Rock Community Bank, Chairman of the Board, 2000 - 2004
- United States Equestrian Team Foundation, Chairman of the Board, 2000 - 2003
- United States Equestrian Federation, VP of International High Performance, 2004 - 2012
- American College of Legal Medicine, Fellow
- New York Academy of Medicine, Fellow
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine, Member