- Personal Injury
- New York, 1997
- New Jersey, 1996
Tyrone Sergio is a Partner of Britcher Leone, LLC, and heads up the firm’s Morristown office. With a strong background in personal injury and medical malpractice law, Ty focuses his practice on a wide range of personal injury matters, including medical malpractice, wrongful death, products liability, construction accidents, nursing home malpractice, automobile accidents and premises liability cases.
Over the course of his career, he has obtained numerous favorable results for his clients, including a $4.5 million motor vehicle accident settlement and a $4 million medical malpractice settlement.
Ty’s affinity for medical malpractice and personal injury law was realized at an early age. During his childhood, Ty would listen to his mother who was a nurse share stories about the suffering endured by patients who had been the victims of motor vehicle accidents, defective products or medical errors. Ty knew he wanted to help these people obtain some degree of quality of life and to hold those who erred responsible.
Ty held a position with a New York based personal injury and medical malpractice law firm before he relocated to New Jersey to work with Stephen “Skippy” Weinstein. Ty, along with Skippy, eventually joined forces with Britcher Leone, LLC with a merger of the two firms.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D – 1996
- Villanova University
- B.A – 1989
- DeLos Santos v. State of New York, 736 N.Y.S. 330
- New Jersey Association for Justice (Member, 2008-Present)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member, 2008-Present)
- American Association for Justice (Member, 2000-Present)
- New York State Bar Association (Member, 1996-Present)
- Colombian Lawyers Association (Member, 1997-2008)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers (Member, 2005-2012)